sunnuntai 26. lokakuuta 2014

Prism



I think you like the blue
just like i do

I think you like to play cold
just like to unfold
what I think of you

I´ve burnt my pink candles
and counted all my ravens
There was no special occasion
I was just thinking about that night

It looks like it´s snowing
white mist is landing
and it makes me ponder
should I keep on descending

O Jack keep on singing about the blindness
let me wrap myself in your sleep
Let the blue come on over you
and let it feed
Let it come into me
and capture all this perplexity and need
Let it feed from this body so cheap
and drink it self to black, replete

I´m dumb enough to feel numb
and I can´t cry when I think about you

There´s this need to burn all those candles
I´m on the red ones right now
Love is green and pain is sweet
and hands on my body feel discreet
even though I´m on the wrong side baby

It looks like it´s raining
and I love to watch those teardrops
Colours that make us free inside
I want to walk at night
Memories are made up
so they are made up right

O Jack keep on singing about the blindness
let me wrap myself in your sleep
Let the blue come on over you
and let it feed
Let it come into me
and capture all this perplexity and need
Let it feed from this body so cheap
and drink it self to black, replete

I´m sure it was snowing
when I found the one I love
Blue started to grow on us
as it started to look like god

It´s the matter of time,
place and pick up lines
And that if I left
I needed to leave right

I´m tired of feeling nothing
though it makes me strong inside
I think I can do anything
´cause I don´t feel alive
Sometimes it confuses me
´cause I don´t remember
which mask is mine
Maybe I have crossed the line
so I have nothing to lose than time








1 kommentti:

  1. "Single Dollar Girl / Sodom and Gomorrah / End of the World Blues"


    well i never had me a single dollar girl
    no, i 'nt ever had me a single dollar girl
    this is the blues baby, the blues at the end of the world

    i guess i might like it to crash'n 'n to burn
    yee, i guess i'm into crashin', just crashin' it to burn (baby!)
    it's even more funny if you can do it at every turn

    i've spent the night lookin' for my dead-beat heart (crawlin' for that heart!)
    well i guess i'll never find it, find that dead-beat heart (no, no, no, no!)
    yea we were cheek-to-cheek, but we were worlds apart

    preacher come a-preachin', say he wanna save my soul (save it! yeah!)
    yea, preacher come a-preachin', say he gonna save my soul (soul, soul, save it! yeah, ooh!)
    well i'll beg ya pardon; who says that's what i want?

    baby let me touch you; let me set your heart ablaze (a-BLAZE-AH! SZZZZZZZZ-YA! UUU!)
    baby if i catch you, i will set your heart ablaze
    when the kingdom cum-ah, we will see his shinin' grace (his grace! oh Lord! oh ya! oooOOO...)

    well let me tell you something; i know just what you think (yeah really? he really knows)
    yee let me tell you some, gal; i know just what you think (he does now? he KNOWS!)
    you're thinkin' that this water, this water's just too dark to drink (that's not what she's thinkin' 'bout AT ALL! you a trickster, Mr; are you a FRAUD?!)

    well in every blues song, you must sing somethin' 'bout shoes
    yee in each blues song, gotta say somethin' 'bout shoes (gotta say! yeah! shoes baby shoes baby yeah! shoes!)
    i'll get you all the shoes in the world baby if you'll just take-it-away my blues (*laughter* take it away my blues! can you believe this fella?!)

    i see you got a whirlwind; well let me give it a whirl (whirlwind? whirl, whiiiirl! whirlwind, yeah! crazy! this is a great song!)
    so you got a whirlwind; baby let me give it a whirl (whirling, whirling, still whirly-whirling along!)
    i guess this ain't the blues no more babe; this is the end of the world

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Came to me in a flash of darkness, just now. She's all yours, babe. *dark smile*

    It might be bad form to write out the spoken parts like that, but it's just my style (Mr Spontaneous? Who, me? You've got the wrong number!), and besides I had too much fun doing it not to do it, so, I ended up doing it in the end.
    If that makes sense, hm.

    I hope the blues never leaves, if she keeps giving me songs like this. I guess you might think so, too. If I toss and turn for 12 hours, searching for a pulse in my half-dead heart, and catch one good line at the end of it all, then that's a night well spent, fair and square. If I catch a brilliant one, that's a year well spent, no matter if I manage to do anything else. --I'll never know how people can get by without this feeling. I guess you can't miss what you've never had (although I'm the last person to finally admit that).


    --Do you have an email for the latest tirade? I'd rather not chop it in four pieces, nor have it here for all to read (though I guess there's no real harm in it).
    --If there's silence, I'll take the hint and fade away.
    I guess I could just write to E. since most of it concerns her, and you both
    read anything I write to either of you anyway, but it'd be neater somehow.

    I know I'm supposed to be silent even now, but hey -- who am I to keep a promise? :p It's been a long time since I wrote to anyone; I hope you'll forgive me. Your song inspired mine, so it's only fair that I share it with you, regardless of anything else.

    Good night, err, morning. Dear God! *slams shut the coffin*
    (The life of a vampire is always intense, ahem.)

    -v.

    VastaaPoista